Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Day 1: the consultation

Current weight: 43kg

I had just returned from my consultation with Mdm. Dietician. Very friendly doc. I instantly liked her. Some doctors are a tad too aggressive and 'interrogate' you as if you've done something wrong. Ok, maybe they're just too tired after countless streams of patients going in and out of the doc's office but still....

So why did I visit the Dietician? I have been losing weight like hell. I've been noticing this but this change was further magnified when friends told me that I've grown thinner. Mummy told me, "Don't you worry, once you get married, you'll grow fatter." But well, I'm worried because weight has been decreasing for the past few months. And it declines further if I eat any lesser. Now where did all my food go? I don't remember shitting much. I sit in front of my pc almost a whole day. Staring at the pc. Or maybe it's my brain which consumed all the food fats? *looks at mirror to see if head's growing bigger* I have a HUGE appetite which for someone skinny as me, its considered abnormal.

I asked Mdm. Dietician whether it has got to do with my genes. Both my parents are small built and Mummy has always blamed the genes for my small body frame. But Mdm. Dietician said, "Well, it's partly true but if you've been at a healthy weight, you don't have to worry. You should worry now becos you have been losing weight." Boy, am i glad that genes doesn't make me lose weight. hehe.

My eating diet is healthy too. Mdm. Dietician and the 2 nurses who were with us in the room even commended for my diet. Hehe. They were obviously puzzled. And claimed that perhaps I may be too much stressed from work. I had lots of junk food back in school, you name it, McDonald's, Burger King, KFC, Pizza Hut. I quipped, "Maybe I should go back to my old eating habits?" They answered in unison, "Definitely NO". I would not grow fat but perhaps have a heart stroke at an earlier age. LOL!

Her advice:

- Tuna and half boiled-eggs for breakfast/in between meals consecutively
- Buttered bread for breakfast
- Soyabean milk
- 2 servings of fruit
- More sleep/relax
- Exercise lightly thrice weekly

And I shall start today cos I need to gain a bit of weight when I see her in 2months time. Impossible? Nah.

Breakfast
- 2 slices of wholegrain bread
- 1 glass of HL Milk

11am
- 2 glasses of Fresh Soya Milk
- an apple

3pm
- 1 plate of chicken rice with a side vege dish
- 1/2 bottle of drinking water

8pm
- 1 plate of rice + sotong + kacang panjang masak lemak + tempe
- 1/2 bottle of drinking water

I just walked from my class to home for half an hour. Is that considered an exercise? Heh~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home